My current plans
At the start of 2023 I'll be joining Jane Street,
but in 2022 I am between jobs due to non-compete restrictions, so I have a lot of freedom.
- Attend the ML for Alignment Bootcamp in Berkeley from August 15th to September 2nd.
- Work on explicitly defining the Linux userspace API.
Intro to uninitiated,
- Work on rsyscall. Major rsyscall features:
- Upgrade to and require pidfds, to get rid of the complexity and bugs of signal handling.
- Improve UX by using the newly pipelined memory access
- Make some demos (mostly this will happen as part of Unix game)
- Make a C library which interposes getenv/setenv to make environment variables thread-local,
as a first step to integrating environment variables into languages as full-fledged dynamically scoped variables,
supporting language-level "re-bind in scope". (instead of requiring a new process as they currently do).
- Do a project in Agda. (maybe for SIGBOVIK?)
- Do a talk (on anything) at an industry conference. Just to see if it's useful.
- Read things on my reading list.
- Write things on my writing list.
- Make more friends.